The California New Car Dealers Association is requesting that Volvo immediately end its Care by Volvo subscription service within the state. According to the group, the automaker is in violation of California’s franchise and consumer protection laws.
It’s been a long time coming, as Care by Volvo is clearly designed to minimize dealer interactions. Anders Gustafsson, CEO of Volvo Cars of North America, even said the program claimed as much as 15 percent of the XC40 crossovers intended for dealerships this year.
“It’s really the same concerns from everybody, and it’s just that they don’t feel secure,” Gustafsson of said dealers last month. “They’re afraid we’re going to take something away from them … I would say the biggest question mark around subscriptions is that consumers need to decide that. Our retailers are asking, ‘Please let us be involved, because we can help.'”
It looks like they’re tired of begging.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Urlik GDI engines emit 5 to 10 times the particulate matter that PFI engines emit. The particles are not just carbon either.
- Pgb65773699 I enjoyed it, it is what you expect , funny
- Redapple2 Brandee. Another Stanford grad. Bankman Fried. The blood test girl. Mary Barra.
- Redapple2 CruiseSTUPID, battery problems, software, killing carplay and AM. Why is this so hard.
- Alan Like all testing and analysis work you need a good set of requirements. If you don't you'll find or end up with gaps.