Ever since I began my effort to document some of the interesting machinery that shows up in car graveyards, the quantity of discarded Volvo 240s has remained steady. Back in the late 2000s, I’d had an idea that just about every 240 owner would make the transition from safe and sensible Swedish bricks to green and sensible Japanese hybrids, and that the transition would be wrapped up by the dawn of the 2020s. Such has not been the case, although the 1970s 240s are getting harder to find. Here’s a high-mile 245 in a mile-high junkyard.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- FreedMike “Tanner Lee Hellbusch” is the best perp name I’ve heard in some time. Props to the police for this!
- ToolGuy Road and Track are two different things. I will not track any of my road cars, and almost any single thing I might do to make a road car better on the track would tend to make it worse on the road. If I had a billion dollars today, I would buy and track an Ariel Atom (1,349 lbs), but never drive it on the road.[actually - Road, Track and Truck are *three* different things, but I digress]Will I miss the sound of lunatics driving performance ICE Mopars irresponsibly on public roads? No I will not. (Will the torque of performance Stellantis EVs get the maniacs in trouble even more easily? Probably.)Will I miss doing oil changes and pumping smelly gasoline? Nope.
- FreedMike “…and that means you must also select the 10-speed automatic transmission. “If it’s the same 10 speed from the Mustang, avoid it like scabies.
- 6-speed Pomodoro I'm not opposed to an EV, but I have no idea what one would have to have or look like to compel me to buy one. The three things I look for in a car are seat comfort, sound, and a stick shift. I generally think I'm waiting for at least the generation after the next generation for engineers to figure out what makes EVs worth driving. That puts us around 2030, so why worry about it? But who knows. Maybe Honda will ace the compact sports EV with an s600amp and pull me in.
- THX1136 Agree with SCE, the cost alone puts me out of the equation. Would I like an EV Charger, sure but see previous sentence.