If you listen to those who claim to love the Volvo 140, every example of the breed is extremely valuable and must be saved… and yet there’s a greater disparity between the Talking The Talk Quotient (TTTQ) and the Walking The Walk Quotient (WTWQ) seen among self-proclaimed Volvo fanatics than found among aficionados of any other marque. Yes, the TTTQ:WTWQ value approaches something like 100:1 when it comes to the poor old Volvo 140, a car whose basic design lived on well into the 1990s (in the form of the 140-descendent 240), and so almost none of these cars get rescued when they get down-at-the-heels (and the same goes for 240s). Here’s a San Francisco Bay Area 145 that shows signs of being well-cared-for during its first 15 years and then forgotten in a side yard for the following quarter-century.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- The Oracle Volvo & Mack Truck, still Swedish owned by AB Volvo, are demonstrating that European wage and benefits are available in the U.S.
- Lou_BC Lightning Flash? Seriously? I'm shocked. This will generate much static from the usual suspects. Some will get a charge from it. Others a discharge.Resistance is futile? Gotta chant to calm down: Ohmmm Ohmmm Ohmmm
- Lou_BC "Barra accused the UAW of having no real intent of making a deal with the industry" Seriously? I guess it's so obvious. They just want to sit around basking in your hotness ;)
- TheEndlessEnigma Where's the Tassos rant?!
- Urlik The best way to crush F1 politics is to be good. Looking at you Red Bull.