Used Car of the Day: 2004 Volkswagen Golf R32
The Volkswagen Golf R often gets a lot of well-deserved love.
That applies to older generations, as well.
This 2004 Volkswagen Golf R32 is on offer for $25K, and the seller claims it has no rust or corrosion. The car has the Konig interior and while vague on the details, the seller says the restoration process was thorough and no expense was spared.
The car is currently located in Massachusetts but started out in California.
Give it a look here.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
David Stafford on Dec 24, 2022
Most of the haters have never owned one of these carRs, let alone driven in one. Like one poster said, once you sit in it and drive it, if feels so right. When you own one, you put up with the little fiddly issues, just to retain the pure joy of driving it. The VR6 is VERY strong and if you take care of the caR it will last forever. I love the MKIV. I own a MKV R32 and love it too. As far as the price of this car, it depends on how he maintained it. Like I said, if properly done, the car will last a long time and $25k is cheap for a thrilling ride like an R32. And no other car sounds as glorious when you mash the right pedal. It sounds like an “Angry Wookie”! It’s not nostalgia when the guy in the Porsche takes your car for a ride and comes back 20 minutes later and says “That is the most thrilling car I’ve ever driven”. It happened to me, this year. Granted, mines turned up a notch or two. Still, 15 years old and a fun car to drive. My advice? Buy one, take good care of it and enjoy the permanent grin on your face when you drive it. When you do, don’t forget to come out and play! www.wookiesinthewoods.com #DRIVEMORE
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Jeff S The Cybertruck is one of the most hyped vehicles in decades.
- Nrd515 This is all I could think of seeing this. I saw it in the theater with my dad about 59 years or so ago:https://www.popcorncinemashow.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Mr-Sardonicus-1961-01.jpg
- Art Vandelay I have no illusions tha my Challenger was going to be a car I wanted to own 10 seconds out of warranty. Fun, sure. Fun in 8 years? Hard pass based on the 2 years I had it
- ToolGuy Weren't some of the most powerful engines in the M4 Sherman air-cooled? (And supercharged.)
- ToolGuy "I installed oil temp and cylinder head temp gauges on various vehicles I was driving, so I could monitor how the engine was doing. I switched from my normal 20W50 and dropped to 15W40 oil and put down thousands of miles. Within that time, I saw a noticeable decrease in oil temps and even cylinder head temps while driving in different situations."ToolGuy has great admiration for your use of the scientific method in conducting original research.