Used Car of the Day: 1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R
Today's UCOTD is a $5,500 sporty Nissan that's over 30 years old, in "ok" shape, and according to the seller, able to surprise "American muscle".
It's a 1991 Nissan Sentra SE-R with a SR20DET engine from a U12 Bluebird.
This car also has a manual transmission and a chassis with 204K miles on it. The seller planned to restore it but ran into issues -- there's more at the link. The list of features is long and a nice mix of factory/stock and new/aftermarket. For example, most suspension bits are new and/or aftermarket.
Older Sentra SE-Rs are often looked upon as performance bargains -- and this one could be a nice grab if you're able to put the time and money into restoring it.
Check it out here.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Zerofoo "Hyundais just got better and better during the 1990s, though, and memories of those shoddy Excels faded."Never. A friend had an early 90s Hyundai Excel as his college beater. One day he decided that the last tank of gas he bought was worth more than the car. He drove it to empty and then he and his fraternity brothers pushed it into the woods and left it there.
- Kwik_Shift There are no new Renegades for sale within my geographic circle of up to 85 kms. Looks like the artificial shortage game. They bring one in, 10 buyers line up for it, $10,000 over MSRP. Yeah. Like with a lot of new cars.
- Ribbedroof In Oklahoma, no less!
- Ribbedroof Have one in the shop for minor front collision repairs right now,I've seen more of these in the comments than in the 30 years I've been in collision repair.
- Tassos And all 3 were ordered by Fisker's mother. Seriously, given Fisker's terrible record of Failure in the past, only an utter loser, (for example, VGhost or Art Vandelay?), looking for a BEV terrible enough to be a proper replacement of his 11 mile range Fiat 500E, would order one of these. (apart from Fisker's mother)
Are you people (sellers) out of your fricking mind with greed??? A NISSAN, one of the WORDST BRANDS EVER, small, undertpowered, non-luxurious, 32 years old, for over $5k??? Even in worthless 2023 Biden dollars?
TTAC WRITER: Do you need a crash course to understand what are screaming bargains and what are UTTER RIPOFFS among used cars? It seems you have gone back to picking from the LATTER category. GET SERIOUS. WHat is the POINT of today's 'find"? WHO in his or her right mind would want this? Back in 1988, you could get a BRAND NEW Hyundai for less. That is only 3 years from 1991!!!