Used Car of the Day: 1985 300ZX
Today's used car of the day is another Nissan/Datsun special -- a 1985 300ZX in the rare Aspen Gold paint job. Fewer than 5,000 of these cars were built in Aspen Gold.
The dash is digital, the brakes are ceramic, and the Carfax is claimed to be clean. There is a tick over 51,000 miles on the odometer. The car has air conditioning, a five-speed transmission, and T-tops. Oh, and those cool gold lace Enkei wheels.
The timing belt and water pump have been replaced.
This one definitely caught my eye.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Tim Healey grew up around the auto-parts business and has always had a love for cars — his parents joke his first word was “‘Vette”. Despite this, he wanted to pursue a career in sports writing but he ended up falling semi-accidentally into the automotive-journalism industry, first at Consumer Guide Automotive and later at Web2Carz.com. He also worked as an industry analyst at Mintel Group and freelanced for About.com, CarFax, Vehix.com, High Gear Media, Torque News, FutureCar.com, Cars.com, among others, and of course Vertical Scope sites such as AutoGuide.com, Off-Road.com, and HybridCars.com. He’s an urbanite and as such, doesn’t need a daily driver, but if he had one, it would be compact, sporty, and have a manual transmission.
More by Tim Healey
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Dartdude They need to rebrand the models, The standard model should be Wagoneer and long version should be Grand Wagoneer. There should offer the Ram Rev powertrain in these
- Irvingklaws Seems more like they're adopting Honda styling queues. Now if they would just adopt their reliability...
- FreedMike "Obsidian Edition."Oooooh, obsidian is really, really hard stuff.
- John The awesome Infiniti G series saved this company 20 years ago, but they are right back on track to obsolescence. (yawn)
- Teddyc73 White with black wheels, I'm so sick of. Or dull grey and black wheels. Just stop.