Used Car of the Day: 1975 Datsun 280Z
Today's UCOTD takes us back to the 1970s, as this 52,000-mile 1975 Datsun 280Z, which comes to us from Pennsylvania, is on sale for $25,000.
The seller says this car is in good condition and has been covered and garaged its entire life. It apparently has all the original parts except for the shift knob and boot -- and the seller still has those parts.
All the fluids except for the coolant were changed and the car has never been driven in the winter.
There's no rust, although the fuel tank had some corrosion -- that has apparently been fixed. All the gauges work, except for the fuel gauge. The low-fuel light does work, however.
The seller is getting rid of this Z since he or she can no longer drive a stick. Oh, and the tires are new.
Check it out here.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- SCE to AUX Not sure where that photo came from, but it wasn't Canada.
- Arthur Dailey Very few probably share my view, but I believe that the T-roof option is well worth that price.Bring back T-Tops!!!!!!!!
- Arthur Dailey Referred to in the day as a 'mini-Corvette'.
- MaintenanceCosts The 3rd gen acquired an unshakable reputation as a mullet-mobile, but the truth is it was one of the best car designs of the '80s, full stop. It's a beautiful car, especially in late-'80s IROC guise, which gave it the best-looking body kit bits in body color. These late RSs look heavy and all the scoops look silly.
- FreedMike These were neat little cars. As I recall, you flipped the headlights open with a lever in the cockpit.