TTAC Giveaway: Nextbase Dash Cam
Hello there! It's time for another TTAC product giveaway!
This time we're going to be working with Nextbase to give away a dash cam.
That's right. If you're interested in keeping a record of what happens on the road, for whatever reason, Nextbase will send you, should you be picked, a 522GW camera plus a Rear Window Cam and SD Card.
The 522GW has built-in Alexa and SOS response and records in 1440p HD. It also has a polarizing lens that reduces glare.
There's more! A rotating bezel helps reduce glare. There's also a 3-inch HD IPS touchscreen that makes using the menu super easy.
Not only does the cam record in 1440p HD at 30 fps, it also has a 6G glass lens that helps it capture details such as street signs and license plate numbers. An SD card is recommended with this model, and it will be included. This camera is only compatible with Nextbase SD cards.
The emergency SOS function does more than just alert authorities to your location in the event of a crash -- it can save medical info like blood type, allergies, and medical history to help facilitate effective treatment while saving time.
An intelligent parking mode senses when your vehicle is bumped and starts recording automatically. Wi-Fi and an app allow you to download footage to your smartphone or tablet, and Bluetooth can be used to share crash footage directly to your smartphone (if properly equipped) automatically. Finally, 10hz GPS aided by Google Maps helps make sure speed and location data are accurate.
Enter to win today! The contest closes Friday, August 5th, and we will announce the winner shortly after.
[Image: Nextbase/TTAC and VerticalScope]
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Lorie Did they completely forget the damn 2.0 ecoboosts that have the class action lawsuit? Guess those of us that had to pay out of pocket for an engine replacement for a fail at 76k miles are out of luck? I will never buy a Ford again.
- Mncarguy I remember when the Golf came out and all the car magazines raved about it. I bought an early one in the mid level trim, brown with a beige vinyl interior and a stick. I must have blocked out a lot about that car, because the only thing I remember is one day with my wife and infant in the car, the brakes went out! I could use the parking brake and made it home. There must have been other issues (beside an awful dealer who felt like they were doing you a favor even letting you come in for service) because I swore I'd never buy a VW again. I did get a new Beetle and later a Passat. That's another story!
- Oberkanone The Chrysler - Plymouth - Dodge Neon's racing successes - SCCA and elsewhere (allpar.com)Inexpensive racing.
- Kwik_Shift My brother inherited his work travel 2013 Ford Escape 1.6L EcoBoost to be replaced with a 2019. It is now used as a beater vehicle primarily to take my mother out for shopping/appts, etc. Just right seat height for her to get in and out of.Right now it has 420,000 (HWY) kms still on original engine/turbo/transmission. Impressive, but doesn't mean I'd intentionally buy any Ford EB combination vehicle. I've heard lots of bad things as well.
- Analoggrotto You forgot something.