Stung: Kia Kills the Stinger
The Kia Stinger is officially dead. And Kia is sending it out with a special Tribute Edition.
Only 1,000 units will be built worldwide. The Tribute Edition will be based on the GT trim with the 3.3-liter twin-turbocharged V6 and offer buyers the choice of an Ascot Green or Moonscape matte gray paint. It will have 19-inch gloss-black wheels, a black trim finish, and black-painted brake calipers.
Inside, it will have Terracotta brown leather for the seats, steering wheel, and some trim bits to go along with a carbon-effect trim finish and unique badging. There will also be a numbered door-sill plate.
This news is shocking though not surprising since there's not much of a market for entry/mid-luxury sports sedans/four-door coupes. It's too bad, since the Stinger was a joy to drive.
That said, Kia will happily sell you an EV6 GT for $61K.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Jeff S The Cybertruck is one of the most hyped vehicles in decades.
- Nrd515 This is all I could think of seeing this. I saw it in the theater with my dad about 59 years or so ago:https://www.popcorncinemashow.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Mr-Sardonicus-1961-01.jpg
- Art Vandelay I have no illusions tha my Challenger was going to be a car I wanted to own 10 seconds out of warranty. Fun, sure. Fun in 8 years? Hard pass based on the 2 years I had it
- ToolGuy Weren't some of the most powerful engines in the M4 Sherman air-cooled? (And supercharged.)
- ToolGuy "I installed oil temp and cylinder head temp gauges on various vehicles I was driving, so I could monitor how the engine was doing. I switched from my normal 20W50 and dropped to 15W40 oil and put down thousands of miles. Within that time, I saw a noticeable decrease in oil temps and even cylinder head temps while driving in different situations."ToolGuy has great admiration for your use of the scientific method in conducting original research.