Hyundai Santa Fe Undergoes Radical Surgery
It's been a long time since your author has seen a redesign as radical as what Hyundai is promising with the new Santa Fe. Quite frankly, it's a bit refreshing to see an automaker make a change this major -- though there are exceptions, redesigns lately seem to be more often about evolution than revolution. I applaud the strategy regardless of what I think of the execution.
I will have more on that latter point in a few weeks, as I'm slated to fly to New Mexico to see the Santa Fe in the flesh.
Key design details include H-shaped headlamps, H-shaped taillamps, and an H-shaped front fascia, defined wheel arches, and 21-inch wheels.
The tailgate is larger than before and the second- and third-row seats will fold down. The H-shape motif continues on the dashboard and air vents. Features will include a curved digital display, a 12.3-inch instrument screen, and wireless charging for two devices. Nappa leather seats will be available.
Hyundai promises to use a mix of sustainable materials, including recycled plastics and leatherette seating surfaces.
That's pretty much all of the actual details I could scrape from the buzzword-heavy press release. We'll know more soon.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Theflyersfan They could also haul dead, leaking cows. Before Top Gear, I'm sure none of us knew that. And at least one person was murdered in or around his car.
- Arthur Dailey Canadian auto workers (UNIFOR) ratified a new deal with Ford. 3 years. 10% wage increase this year, and 2% in year two, and 3% in year three. Plus a cost of living allowance (COLA) and a $10,000 signing bonus per worker. Monthly pension raised to $3,795 after 30 years of service. Hourly wage of $46.13 at the end of the contract for assembly workers.UNIFOR will now use this when negotiating with GM and Stellantis. How will the UAW contract stack up.https://www.unifor.org/news/all-news/unifor-members-ratify-collective-agreement-ford-motor-company
- Pianoboy57 My family had the '71 1900 2dr hardtop. That car was sure a lot of fun. My brother wrecked it and Dad found another one w/o an engine. We spent the next year making one 1900 out of two.
- Tassos Your title says FORD to offer blah blah, but on the photo there is a DAMNED KIA instead What gives?
- Dukeisduke There were aftermarket ac/c systems for these - they used a plastic duct with vents that sat atop the transmission tunnel.