GMC Just Revealed the Larger, More Tech-Packed 2024 Acadia
Midsize SUVs are many automakers’ bread and butter, so they work hard to keep the family haulers updated to stay competitive with the increasingly crowded field of alternatives. GMC’s midsize utility vehicle is getting an update for 2024, with increased exterior dimensions, updated tech, and a harder-core AT4 model with more off-road capability.
The 2024 Acadia is larger than its predecessor in all areas, measuring a surprising 10.6 inches longer and 3.2 inches taller than the outgoing model. GMC said that increase brought 80 percent more cargo space behind the third row and 36 percent more behind the second-row seats. The SUV offers seven- or eight-passenger seating, depending on the configuration.
Power comes from a turbocharged 2.5-liter four-cylinder engine, making 328 horsepower and 326 pound-feet of torque. It comes with an eight-speed automatic transmission and front- or all-wheel drive. The updated AT4 trim gets a new active torque control all-wheel drive system that shifts torque between the wheels that need it, and maximum trailering capacity lands at 5,000 pounds.
The AT4 model gets a one-inch lift and wider track and rides on 18-inch wheels with all-terrain tires. GMC installs off-road suspension, a unique front fascia, and unique interior finishes. At the top of the Acadia lineup, the Denali gets 22-inch wheels and a plush interior that borders on Cadillac levels of luxury. It also gets an active noise cancellation system and a 12-speaker Bose premium stereo.
GMC will offer Super Cruise in the 2024 Acadia, making it the fourth vehicle in its lineup to receive the feature. The SUV also gets a 15-inch portrait-oriented infotainment system and an 11-inch digital gauge cluster. Customizable displays, Google built-in, and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto come standard. Several standard advanced driver aids are onboard, including forward collision alerts, blind spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alerts, high beam assist, and more.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Bullnuke It may be awhile before these show up on US shores. The MV Fremantle Highway has just started demo/reconstruction in Rotterdam after the large fire when transporting its last shipment of electric Porsche products.
- Fie on Fiasler Big, fast and thirsty does not equal good. True luxury is not cobbled together by the UAW.
- Inside Looking Out I see it as gladiator races - only one survives in virtual world.
- Crown They need to put the EcoDiesel back in the Grand Cherokee. I have a 2018 and it has been the most reliable vehicle I ever owned. 69,000 miles and only needed tires, and regular oil and fuel filter changes.
- El scotto Y'all are overthinking this. Find some young hard-charging DA seeking the TV limelight to lock this kid up. Heck, have John Boehner come up from Cincy to help the young DA get his political career going. Better yet, have the young DA spin this as hard as he or she can; I'm the candidate for Law and Order, I defied our go-easy office and leadership to get this identified criminal locked up. Oh this could be spun more than a hyper active kid's top.Now I'd do some consulting work for Little Kings Original Cream Ale and Skyline Chili.