Dodge Rolls on With ‘Last Call’ Editions
The speed freaks at Dodge pulled a two-fer yesterday with what are technically the third and fourth of seven Dodge special-edition "Last Call" models. Called the Swinger, they’re based on the R/T Scat Pack trim and are both Widebody models – but no word if there’s a pineapple included to display in the windshield when parked.
Only 1,000 each of the 2023 Dodge Challenger R/T Scat Pack Swinger and 2023 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack Swinger will be produced. As we’ve noted before, Dodge has said they will be allocating all these cars at once to salivating dealers and – here’s the twist – posting that information on a public website. This should create the kind of scavenger hunt not seen since that time in grade school when teachers hid candy around the classroom.
Those who recall the old Dodge Dart Swinger can recreate a homage to that car’s classic green-on-green colorway by choosing from either F8 Green or Sublime Green exterior color options, paired with a smattering of green interior trim. White Knuckle paint is also available as an option. Throwback cursive graphics crop up on the rear fenders, wrapping around the bodywork as they did on the original cars roughly 50 years ago. Gold tinted addenda (appropriately called ‘Gold School’) pops up on the grille, spoiler, and wheels.
Black six-piston Brembo-branded brakes are part of the deal, as are Nappa/Alcantara seats with green stitching and a green Dodge logo. Your author is partial to the Shaker hood scoop on the Challenger variant, partly because I’m an irritating extrovert but also because that detail jumps and shakes (hence its name) with every prod of the driver’s right foot. It’s a tremendous bit of theatre, the type of which for which some of us will pine after the last internal combustion shuts down for good in the year 20whatever.
All 2023 Dodge Charger and Challenger models, regardless of trim, carry a special commemorative “Last Call” underhood plaque which will surely make every 2023 Charger and Challenger especially desirable to attendees of Barrett-Jackson several decades from now. A solid half dozen special-edition Challenger and Charger models will be revealed through September 21, 2022. The seventh and final 2023 Dodge model — promised to be “the very last of its kind” — will be revealed at the 2022 SEMA Show in Vegas, scheduled for early November.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- 28-Cars-Later I'm actually surprised at this and not sure what to make of it. In recent memory Senator Biden has completely ignored an ecological disaster in Ohio, and then ignored a tragic fire in Hawaii until his handlers were goaded in sending him and his visit turned into it's own disaster, but we skipped nap time for this sh!t show? Seriously? We really are through the looking glass now, "votes" no longer matter (Hillary almost won being the worst presidential candidate since 1984 before he claimed the crown) and outside of Corvette nostalgia Joe doesn't care let alone know what day it happens to be. Could they really be afraid of Trump, who AFAIK has planned no appearance or run his mouth on this issue? Just doesn't make sense, granted this is Clown World so maybe its my fault for trying to find sense in a senseless act.
- Tassos If you only changed your series to the CORRECT "Possibly Collectible, NOT Daily Driver, NOT Used car of the day", it would sound much more accurate AND TRUTHFUL.Now who would collect THIS heap of trash for whatever misguided reason, nostalgia for a much worse automotive era or whatever, is another question.
- ToolGuy Price dropped $500 overnight. (Wait 10 more days and you might get it for free?)
- Slavuta Must be all planned. Increase price of cars, urbanize, 15 minutes cities. Be poor, eat bugs
- Sid SB Not seen a Core without the performance pack yet. Prefer the more understated look of the Core vs the Circuit, but both are great fun to drive.