First Audi ABT RS7-R in North America
The first new ABT RS7-R Limited Edition version of the 2021 Audi RS 7 has been completed by GMP Performance in Mooresville, North Carolina, at their facility in Lake Norman.
This performance Sportback joins an exclusive club of just 125 units worldwide from ABT. The RS7-R has an abundance of carbon fiber body parts to enhance the already expressive Sportback design. The ABT front lip with side blades, front lip extension with red RS7-R logo, and an ABT grille create a striking appearance. Fender inserts with a carbon fiber fin, 1 of 125 ABT logo badges, and rocker panel additions blend in with the car’s sleek lines.
Carbon-fiber parts on the rear of the car include a trunk spoiler, diffuser, and glossy black rear bumper inserts with a carbon-fiber fin. Part of the kit is a resounding ABT muffler system consisting of a middle muffler replacement pipe, and a rear muffler with double carbon fiber exhaust bezels.
The limited quantity of the RS7-R is noted throughout the car, with several badges and logos in the interior, such as door sills that mention this is 1 of 125 units, a badge on the dashboard, and a carbon-fiber shift knob cover. The very first ABT RS7-R in North America takes on the road with ABT GR 22-inch wheels in glossy black.
The RS 7’s engine is a turbocharged 32-valve DOHC 4.0-liter V8 that produces 591 horsepower and 590 lb-ft of torque. An eight-speed Tiptronic automatic transmission connects the Quattro rear differential through Quattro all-wheel drive. A stock RS 7 can go from 0-60 in 3.5 seconds, and its top speed is 174 MPH, or an unrestricted 190 MPH when equipped with ceramic brakes.
ABT is a leading tuner of Audis and VWs. Since 1986, the company has competed in the German Touring Car Masters and other series, while providing European quality aftermarket products for street cars. Sold in more than 50 countries, in North America ABT is based in Miami, Florida, to cater to the needs of car enthusiasts in the US, Canada, and Mexico.
With the base price of the RS 7 starting at $114,000, ABT also offers their optional Power Upgrade for the RS 7, which boosts the performance to 690 HP and 649 lb-ft. Who else wants one?
[Images: GMP Performance, ABT North America]
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- RICK Lou, not sure about panthers and Cougars , BUT at 76,I now consider myself a vintage Rolls Canardly. I roll down one hill and Canardly get up the next! Wishing you a Very Happy, Merry HanaKwanzaMas. 🎅🎄
- Lou_BC The dealbreaker for me is the $80k starting price in Canada.
- Zipper69 The Grenadier was designed ground up to be a "better Land Rover" and by most press accounts comes close.What little we know about the Quartermaster it's clear that it's intended for serious off road work without additional aftermarket fettling needed.The price is clearly a barrier, but IF it's the real deal, it will have a slot in the market.
- Michael Charging more for less. Hmmmm
- FreedMike Meanwhile, over at Nissan, you can get a perfectly nice, well equipped Frontier four-door that has a V-6, 4wd, and is capable of all the "truck stuff" you could ever want for $36,000. And unlike the "pay over sticker or go f**k yourself" nonsense you get at the Toyota place, the Nissan store will probably happily make you a nice deal.