Porsche Dealership Arson Enacts Sick Burn on Globalists, Maybe
A Porsche dealership in Hamburg, Germany fell victim to a fire targeting roughly a dozen vehicles last night and there is some speculation on whether or not the arson was politically motivated — primarily due to its close proximity to this weekend’s G-20 summit. Relegated primarily to 718s and Macans, firebugs apparently missed some of the hotter ticket items in the showroom to burn the less-expensive models sitting in the lot. However, at least one Porsche 911 went up in smoke, along with an almost unrecognizable Panamera.
While the fire may have been unrelated vandalism or insurance fraud, Hamburg protesters spent a portion of the evening starting dumpster fires and setting cars ablaze in other parts of the city. They’ve since geared up and organized for a weekend of globalist opposition near the city’s center as police rolled in with water cannons and riot gear. Organizers of Thursday’s demonstration have titled the event “G-20: Welcome to Hell.”
Details of the Porsche fires were outlined in Fire Engineering, where Hamburg authorities explained the incident occurred in the city’s Eidelstedt district shortly before 4 a.m. on July 6th. The cars were extinguished two hours later as dawn broke over a parking lot littered with blackened automotive frames and the white foaming agent fire departments use to keep combustible fuels from making contact with oxygen.
Eight of the cars were burned intentionally, with the flames spreading to several other nearby vehicles. No injuries were reported.
According to the UK’s Daily Mirror, early estimations from Porsche place the total damages at around $1.13 million.
Optimistically, this will turn out to be the act of a disgruntled employee using the summit as cover and not a politically motivated attack on capitalism as Jalopnik (satirically, I hope) suggested. Because, if someone were trying to make a statement about wealth, they really should have burned more Porsche 911s and left some of those poor entry-level models alone.
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Chuck Norton And guys are having wide spread issues with the 10 speed transmission with the HP numbers out of the factory......
- Zerofoo "Hyundais just got better and better during the 1990s, though, and memories of those shoddy Excels faded."Never. A friend had an early 90s Hyundai Excel as his college beater. One day he decided that the last tank of gas he bought was worth more than the car. He drove it to empty and then he and his fraternity brothers pushed it into the woods and left it there.
- Kwik_Shift There are no new Renegades for sale within my geographic circle of up to 85 kms. Looks like the artificial shortage game. They bring one in, 10 buyers line up for it, $10,000 over MSRP. Yeah. Like with a lot of new cars.
- Ribbedroof In Oklahoma, no less!
- Ribbedroof Have one in the shop for minor front collision repairs right now,I've seen more of these in the comments than in the 30 years I've been in collision repair.
Porsche was member of NAZI and SS. All that wears his name should be burned and destroyed. I am surprised they kept this name
I have some aged inventory that exhibits the worst qualities of capitalism run amok. Can Antifa burn some of them to ashes?