While You Were Sleeping: January 7th, 2015
January 7th, 2015 10:21 AM Share
What in the holy name of…?
- Mercedes-Benz debuted some kind of motorized cockroach with styling elements from the Tron movie at the CES show in Las Vegas
- The Ram Promaster City could get a diesel version, as well as a seven-passenger variant
- GM praises their “moonshot”, because what else are they going to say?
- More pictures of the Infiniti Q60 concept
- Jeep managed to crack 1 million sales in 2014
Published January 7th, 2015 7:00 AM
Join the conversation
On GM and the Volt, isn't this the sort of thing Toyota went through with the Prius. They introduced ther hybrid with modest success until they hit on success with quirky styling. It always irks me when analysts pronounce something a dud and the read between the lines is " Stop wasting money and go back to what you do best ". Another reason to dislike Wall Street I suppose as quarterly profits trump innovation and development.
That is one ugly concept car. Looks like some 1990s futurism that birthed that one crazy Corvette concept, the CERV III. I don't normally get joy from failure but I do kind of like the hideous styling hole Mercedes is digging themselves into.
Promaster with a diesel sounds like a natural. One wonders why it wasn't launched with this option.