While You Were Sleeping: January 6th, 2015
January 6th, 2015 8:39 AM Share
Another car carrier incident, another hot Porsche and Chinese channel stuffing. Oh and the MINI Paceman is dead.
- A car carrier with roughly 1,400 MINI, Jaguar and Land Rover cars is stuck on a sand bar near the Isle of Wight.
- The internet is up in arms about the Mustang Ecoboost losing power on regular fue l – just like every other Ecoboost does.
- MINI is rationalizing its lineup, with the Coupe, Roadster and Paceman set to die.
- Porsche is prepping a Cayman GT4.
- Chinese auto dealers are unhappy about channel stuffing.
Published January 6th, 2015 8:39 AM
Join the conversation
5 of 28 comments
I figured this was coming; too many companies were trying to take advantage of what could only be a short-term market flood.
Someone needs to trim down BMW's lineup, too. The 8 iterations of the 3 series sized cars is getting out of control.
"The internet is up in arms about the Mustang Ecoboost losing power on regular fuel – just like every other turbocharged engine by any manufacturer does." Fixed that for you. And in other late-breaking news, turbocharged engines return poorer fuel economy when driven hard. Those damn turbo engines...
They've gotta get that hull off sandbar soon.My guess they loaded the 1/3rd one area for quick on/off. Then engaged ballast to compensate. Something broke.