NAIAS 2014: Honda Fit All-New, Bigger Inside But Smaller (Well, Shorter) Outside
Face it: Honda’s been the best in the business at building cars in the Fit’s segment since it was really the Civic’s segment. The new-for-2015 model won’t exactly inspire confidence in Toyota Yaris salespeople across America, either.
The Fit now rolls on sixteens and sports LED tails in a nonchalant affirmation of B-Spec tuner culture. Though it is 1.6 inches shorter, unspecified increases in width and height lead to an additional 4.8 inches of rear legroom and nearly five extra cubic feet of cargo space. Total space with the rear seats folded is 52.7 cubic feet of space.
For the first time, you can get leather seats in a Fit. The arrival of Bluetooth and a significantly-sized infotainment screen will allow Honda to swipe back at the Fiesta.
The 1.5-liter four will twist out 130hp through a six-speed manual or CVT. Mileage is guesstimated at 41 highway, 33 city, 36 combined.
As long as ours don’t come from China, it will be hard to argue against the Fit in the mini-car market next year.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Tassos BTW I thought this silly thing was always called the "Wienermobile".
- Tassos I have a first cousin with same first and last name as my own, 17 years my junior even tho he is the son of my father's older brother, who has a summer home in the same country I do, and has bought a local A3 5-door hatch kinds thing, quite old by now.Last year he told me the thing broke down and he had to do major major repairs, replace the whole engine and other stuff, and had to rent a car for two weeks in a touristy location, and amazingly he paid more for the rental ( Euro1,500, or $1,650-$1,700) than for all the repairs, which of course were not done at the dealer (I doubt there was a dealer there anyway)
- Tassos VW's EV program losses have already been horrific, and with (guess, Caveman!) the Berlin-Brandenburg Gigafactory growing by leaps and bounds, the future was already quite grim for VW and the VW Group.THis shutdown will not be so temporary.The German Government may have to reach in its deep pockets, no matter how much it hates to spend $, and bail it out."too big to fail"?
- Billccm I had a 1980 TC3 Horizon and that car was as reliable as the sun. Underappreciated for sure.
- Inside Looking Out I did not notice, did they mention climate change? How they are going to fight climate change, racism and gender discrimination. I mean collective Big 3.