Car Sales In Germany: Es Geht Abwrts
More bad news from Europe: The new car market in Germany, last year an island of stability in a sea of red, was down 8.6 percent in January. On the back of worse news from other European volume markets, this does not bode well for when ACEA will publish its European data next week.
According to data published by Germany’s Kraftfahrtbundesamt, Volkswagen wads own 13.3 percent in January, Opel 5.9 percent, Ford however crashed by 32.2 percent. Premium brands such as Audi (-0.3 percent), BMW (+10.6 percent) , Mercedes (+3.1 percent) and Porsche (+13.2 percent) bucked the trend.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Bwell Glad to see Crosley getting his due. Maybe not a genius but a great innovator. It's a shame that his company, which was hugely successful, just sort of faded away.One quibble - UC is not in College Hill but in Clifton, or more properly University Heights.
- JMII "Some U.S. automakers have even begun considering bringing back discounts and incentives which were scrapped during the pandemic as supply constraints became a major issue."If sales drop off then this is the cure. Economics 101. Its about time people realized that paying over MSRP is stupid. I have held off purchasing a new vehicle for almost a full year now due to current conditions.My wife would love to have an EV but at current prices its just not happening. However the same is true for ICE vehicles. Vehicle prices are just too high overall right now and our current fleet continues to function perfectly so we see no reason to upgrade. I could careless what the Jone's down the street do or think.
- TheEndlessEnigma More Ferrari "quality".
- EBFlex This is not news. People don’t want autonomous vehicles just like they don’t want EVs. Both are unnecessary and dangerous.
- Redapple2 I hope i fit in the new version.Wanted one since 1990