November Sales: Another Strong Month, Not So Much For Some (Final Numbers)
December 3rd, 2012 4:33 PM Share
Forecasters expected a strong November as far as U.S. light vehicles sales go, and they got a strong November. Data after the jump.
- Chrysler’s group sales rose 14 percent as more or less expected.
- Hyundai is up 8 percent, slightly below expectations..
- Ford sales are up 6.5 percent, higher than expected. Focus sales up 56 percent to 18,312.
- Nissan group sales are up 13 percent, beating expectations by a wide margin.
- GM’s US sales are up 3.3 percent, below expectations.
- Toyota says its U.S. group sales are up 17.2 percent. We call that in-line with expectations,
- Volkswagen U.S. band (not group) sales are up 29.3 percent, slightly better than expected.
And here November’s sales table, courtesy of Automotive News [sub]
(Final Table)AutomakerNov. 2012Nov. 2011Pct. chng.11 month
2011Pct. chng.BMW Group36,49326,30239%304,080273,20411% BMW division31,21321,52145%244,061221,07310% Mini5,2484,75011%59,66751,80015% Rolls-Royce32313%3523316%BMW Group36,49326,30239%304,080273,20411%Chrysler Group122,565107,17214%1,499,4201,231,09522% Chrysler Division18,76618,5771%282,454197,37243% Dodge40,07530,31732%472,598409,49215% Dodge/Ram65,14950,73128%742,641640,50716% Fiat3,6031,618123%40,06517,444130% Jeep35,04736,246–3%434,260375,77216% Ram25,07420,41423%270,043231,01517%Chrysler Group122,565107,17214%1,499,4201,231,09522%Daimler AG32,65228,25916%273,671239,00615% Maybach34–25%423520% Mercedes-Benz31,94527,84115%264,616234,47313% Smart USA70441470%9,0134,498100%Daimler AG32,65228,25916%273,671239,00615%Ford Motor Co.177,092166,4416%2,030,1071,933,6545% Ford division171,360160,1367%1,955,3411,856,1665% Lincoln5,7326,305–9%74,76677,240–3% Mercury–––%–248–100%Ford Motor Co.177,092166,4416%2,030,1071,933,6545%General Motors186,505180,4023%2,349,9842,269,4464% Buick13,28910,88022%163,935162,6591% Cadillac14,51711,14530%131,534136,130–3% Chevrolet128,867128,9070%1,684,5551,614,6444% GMC29,83229,4701%369,960356,0134%General Motors186,505180,4023%2,349,9842,269,4464%Honda (American)116,58083,92539%1,290,0111,042,05524% Acura12,2469,90924%140,182110,17027% Honda Division104,33474,01641%1,149,829931,88523%Honda (American)116,58083,92539%1,290,0111,042,05524%Hyundai Group94,54286,6189%1,161,9931,037,02912% Hyundai division53,48746,6108%643,572594,9268% Kia41,05537,00811%518,421442,10317%Hyundai Group94,54286,6189%1,161,9931,037,02912%Jaguar Land Rover4,4004,735–7%49,45244,47511% Jaguar713915–22%10,96211,119–1% Land Rover3,6873,820–4%38,49033,35615%Jaguar Land Rover4,4004,735–7%49,45244,47511%Maserati2081919%2,3972,08315%Maserati2081919%2,3972,08315%Mazda21,69118,43218%249,795228,07310%Mazda21,69118,43218%249,795228,07310%Mitsubishi3,5743,735–4%53,67773,988–28%Mitsubishi3,5743,735–4%53,67773,988–28%Nissan96,19785,18213%1,042,366941,60711% Infiniti11,8978,42841%107,25087,47123% Nissan Division84,30076,75410%935,116854,13610%Nissan96,19785,18213%1,042,366941,60711%Saab Cars North America–356–100%–5,340–100%Saab –356–100%–5,340–100%Subaru28,20617,65760%299,788233,28829%Subaru28,20617,65760%299,788233,28829%Suzuki–––%–––%Suzuki–––%–––%Toyota161,695137,96017%1,888,3611,466,52929% Lexus22,71919,45817%213,559173,19723% Scion5,6063,55358%67,98345,11251% Toyota division133,370114,94916%1,606,8191,248,22029% Toyota/Scion138,976118,50217%1,674,8021,293,33230%Toyota161,695137,96017%1,888,3611,466,52929%Volkswagen52,91240,53531%553,206425,86730% Audi12,0679,70024%124,469104,90619% Bentley21213854%2,0781,56033% Lamborghini402938%44031142% Porsche3,8652,25571%32,09127,18918% VW division36,72828,41329%394,128291,90135%Volkswagen52,91240,53531%553,206425,86730%Volvo Cars NA6,1414,84427%61,96761,8980%Volvo Cars NA6,1414,84427%61,96761,8980% Other (estimate)2392294%2,6192,5065%TOTAL1,141,692992,97515%13,112,89411,511,14314%
Published December 3rd, 2012 4:33 PM
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Ajla "2010-2019 Borrego"The Borrego only had model years 2009 - 2011 in the United States. The Borrego/Mohave did exist in international markets beyond them but the NHTSA of the United States would not be handling a recall on those. It's annoying that apparently the manufacturer, the federal regulator, and automotive press didn't notice this.
- SilverCoupe The last Accord I test drove was in 1978, but I ended up buying a VW Scirocco instead. The Accords have put on quite a bit of weight since, then, but then again, so have I!
- Merc190 I would like to show the stylists this new model side by side to a 93 Accord SE in black and point out how the older model looked better in every single detail.
- Sobhuza Trooper Too many folks need that /sarc/ tag. In my opinion, that tag is the equivalent of a television laugh track. If you need the laugh track to know that last line was supposed to be funny, you're pretty hopeless.
- Canam23 A fine car, but I still preferred the Mazda 6, very pretty and zoom zoom!