Germany In August 2012: European Malaise Here To Stay
September 6th, 2012 11:53 AM Share
Germany hasn’t seen the double digit sales losses of other EU countries, but it isn’t walking on water either. August sales in Germany were down 4.7 percent on 226,455 units, says the KBA. For the first eight months of the year, sales in Germany now are 0.6 percent below the same period of the prior year.
There are interesting winners: Smart (+22.4 percent), Audi (+19.4 percent) and Porsche (+8,2 percent)
Published September 6th, 2012 11:53 AM
Join the conversation
2 of 7 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Dukeisduke It's in better shape than the '69 coupe that Mike Finnegan bought, that's in the latest episode of Roadkill.
- Spookiness Friends have a new PHEV of this and like it a lot. It's an interesting dark green color.
- Art Vandelay The Peter Puffing by Tassos and EBFlex isn't the only thing that's "hot" in these!
- Art Vandelay That rust isn't terrible honestly. Floor pans commonly need some love on these and I have seen waaaay worse. Car looks complete and original. 65 fastback V8, he'll get that price.
- Redapple2 Love that year fastback. Is the auto tran rubbish?
Looks like Hyundai & Kia are eating asian carp: Honda,Mitsu,Nissan & Suzuki. Volkswagen perhaps, until new Golf - or is it already playing in DE?. Toyota I cannot be sure it is clumped with Lexus. The Koreans seem unable to touch Subaru.
I didn't realize how few cars Ford sells in Germany, their numbers are close to what Skoda and Hyundai plus Kia sell.