And the Real Winner Is…
We’ve seen some Volvo 240s do very well in the 24 Hours of LeMons, but never before has a 240 this terrible managed to crack the top 10 in a 100-plus-entry 24 Hours of LeMons race. This hacked-up ’92 244 has a creaky, squeaky much-worse-than-stock suspension and an octillion-mile non-turbo B23 engine, but it still beat up on most of the E30s, 190Es, and Integras in the Capitol Offense race over the weekend.
When the checkered flag waved on Sunday afternoon, the Vermont Volvocheros stood proudly in eighth place overall. This astounding achievement earned them the top prize of LeMons racing: the Index of Effluency award. Along with the trophy comes $1501… which the team donated on the spot to the Alex’s Lemonade Stand Foundation. Good work, Vermont Volvocheros!
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Adamscotthi Thanks a lot for article!
- MaintenanceCosts This class of car competes hard with Chargers/Challengers and modded diesel pickups for the douchey-driving crown.
- 28-Cars-Later Corey - I think I am going to issue a fatwa demanding a cool kids car meetup in July somewhere in the Ohio region.
- Master Baiter Might as well light 50 $100 bills on fire.
- Mike1041 At $300K per copy they may secure as much as 2 or 3 deposits of $1,000
So, wait, what happened to that Pontiac?
It's funny, I've never realized how much of a wedge there is in the body on a 240, amazing what happens when you cut the roof off.