Blackout At Porsche: They Are Giving Away Extras
Porsche is known for fleecing is customers for extras. Now, they give them away. Porsche sells two special editions of the 911 Carrera and the Boxster, filled with a lot of extras for the price of a base model. Or thereabouts. „A special edition at Porsche is as common as a total eclipse of the sun in Europe,“ writes AutoBild in Germany. Why the sudden generosity?
Both the 911 and the Boxster will be replaced soon by entirely new generations, and remaining inventory of cars and extras has got to go. Enter a favorite Volkswagen sales gimmick for end-of-life cars: Das Sondermodell. A week ago, Porsche announced the 911 „Black Edition.“ Today, AutoBild reports that there will also be a „Black Edition“ Boxster. This one not only delivers a bunch of extras which usually would be extra expensive, it even gets an extra 10 horses. Both cars will be available in black only, of course.
Officially, the Black Edition cars will be launched at the Geneva Motor Show in March and will be available in April. But Porsche is in a hurry to light a fire under the black market: Both Black Editions are already on Porsche’s website. Ah, the special editions will be limited to 987 for the black Boxster (a reference to Porsche’s series number.) Of the Black Porsche 911, there will be 1911 only, apparently, Porsche has them in abundance.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Sayahh They tried New Coke playbook but nobody cared before nor after the name/formula change here.
- Kcflyer Can they delete the hideous cladding? Addition by subtraction
- Tassos While I sure am not interested in any big and heavy crossover, even if it is a Honda, I got to say that this thing's "up to 300" mile range is really dismal.But why? You'll ask. It's not bad. That is not good enough. When we have Model Ss with certified EPA 402 mile real range, and many years later (ie today) this brand new wannabe Tesla killer gets barely 300, while it should get 500, using the progress in the years after the S it came out, it is really disappointing. And sure as hell "up to" 300 does not mean even 300 at all.The price is not bad, since it is in devalued, worthless, Idiot Joe Briben 2023 dollars. If you don't mind a Crossover, it may actually be a good place to put your $, compared to a ... savings account above all. And the top should easily exceed $65k, if not $70k, when it comes out (with another 10% of your lame $ eaten away by the rats of the failed Idiot Joe Briben Administration.)
- El Kevarino If you have an EV platform that supports dual motor AWD, then why choose FWD for the 2WD version?
- Analoggrotto Try as they may and as they might but the future of Electric, the future of human reality is TESLA. Only the highest level of affluence, priviledge and wealth can earn one a place in the stars. In fact when you look at the night's sky do you notice that the stars are brighter? This is because of Supreme Wizard Elon Musk, who has brightened them with this awesome grace.