GM Inside News Blocks Buickman
Jim Dollinger (a.k.a. Buickman) has been fighting the good fight for GM’s survival for a very long time. Yes, Jim’s a bit OTT. And no, I don’t agree with his recipe for recovery. But Jim doesn’t flame websites, their authors or fellow commentators. And so he’s always been welcome here. But then TTAC invites opposing points of view (as long as they conform to our no-flaming posting policy). Jim reports that the same can not be said of GM Inside News. “I’ve been a member of Insidenews for over three years and a regular contributor. No surprise that I was ridiculed initially for lashing out at RIR and calling for his ouster, this well before it became fashionable. These days many have come around to the same opinion. although the obvious company stooges still inhabit the forums, increasingly more and more members are voicing their dissatisfaction with GM management. After the latest stupidity of GMS for all and pulling of leases, I made the comment “to hell with General Motors.” Since then, I haven’t been able to log in (from any computer). My daughter [a Cadillac dealer in Florida] made some comments about GMIN being hypocites and sent private messages to those who agree with my positions. She was also blocked. Truly, I’m not all that upset; I have plenty of other things to occupy my days. I just thought you might be interested to know that these people, whoever they are, can’t handle the truth and display prejudice and editorial control while proclaiming to hold an open and honest forum for discussion (since they had zero call to “ban” me, they just “jammed” me instead). Funny how they also are quick to ridicule TTAC, all the while refusing to look in the mirror and see themselves for what they are.”
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- SCE to AUX I charge at home 99% of the time, on a Level 2 charger I installed myself in 2012 for my Leaf. My house is 1967, 150-Amp service, gas dryer and furnace; everything else is electric with no problems. I switched from gas HW to electric HW last year, when my 18-year-old tank finally failed.I charge at a for-pay station maybe a couple times a year.I don't travel more than an hour each way in my Ioniq 1 EV, so I don't deal much with public chargers. Despite a big electric rate increase this year, my car remains ridiculously cheap to operate.
- ToolGuy 38:25 to 45:40 -- Let's all wait around for the stupid ugly helicopter. 😉The wheels and tires are cool, as in a) carbon fiber is a structural element not decoration and b) they have some sidewall.Also like the automatic fuel adjustment (gasoline vs. ethanol).(Anyone know why it's more powerful on E85? Huh? Huh?)
- Ja-GTI So, seems like you have to own a house before you can own a BEV.
- Kwik_Shift Good thing for fossil fuels to keep the EVs going.
- Carlson Fan Meh, never cared for this car because I was never a big fan of the Gen 1 Camaro. The Gen 1 Firebird looked better inside and out and you could get it with the 400.The Gen 2 for my eyes was peak Camaro as far as styling w/those sexy split bumpers! They should have modeled the 6th Gen after that.
and closing Olds was necessary, spinning Delphi made sense, halving GMAC was needed, while market share loss was only a sign of the times. believe half of what you see and less of what you read.
Buickman, That would explain why I have not seen any posts from you in a while over at GMI. Ridiculous.