Volkswagen will announce Thursday a deadline for whistleblowers to come forward with information related to the ongoing diesel scandal without reprisal.
According to the CBC, German newspaper Sueddeutsche Zeitung reported Wednesday the automaker is working to gather as much information on the scandal as possible by applying more pressure to employees who may have known anything about what happened regarding the rigging of diesel emissions through software.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Garrett I would have gone for one of these if it had AWD. If they had offered it, it could have done far better.
- Michael500 Sorry, EV's are no good. How am I supposed to rev the motor to impress girls? (the sophisticated ones I like).
- Michael500 Oh my dog- this is one of my favorite cars in human history! A neighbor had a '71 when I was a child and I stopped and gazed at that car every time it was parked outside its garage. Turquoise with a black vinyl. That high beltline looks awesome today!
- ScarecrowRepair I'd love an electric car -- quiet, torque, drive train simplicity -- but only if the cost was less, if recharging was as fast as gas (5 minutes) and as ubiquitous. I can take a road trip and know that with a few posted exceptions (US 50 from Reno to Utah), I don't have to wonder where the next fuel station is, and if I do run out, I can lug a gallon of gas back.Sure I'd miss the engine sounds and the joys of shifting. But life is all about tradeoffs.
- Tre65688381 Let's face it, aside from the romanticized, visceral sounds of a robust V8/V10/V12, many if us appreciate raw torque and power enough that if our preferred poison is adequately met (track, drag, street, canyon carver, etc) we don't care whether it runs on liquid or current. The batteries just can't ruin the dynamics or the practical range.That said, I would still really miss the sound of a V8 bubble at start up, and at wide open throttle, yet would feel silly piping it into my electric car. Like an adult version of a baseball card in the bike spokes.