Dongfeng Pickup at Kashgar livestock market
After Ürümqi, we are now headed 670 miles (1,080 km) south-west to the hinterland of the hinterland: Kashgar. It’s China’s westernmost city and predominantly populated by Muslim Uyghurs.
To give you a rough idea of what Kashgar looks like, the city stood in for Kabul in Afghanistan in the movie “The Kite Runner”. In fact, Kashgar is 2,100 miles (3,400 km) away from Beijing by air, but only 500 miles (816 km) separate it from Kabul, 390 miles (722 km) from Peshawar, Pakistan, 1,200 miles (2,200 km) from Tehran, Iran, and 1,600 miles (2,900 km) from Baghdad, Iraq.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- W Conrad I'm not really a truck person, but even I would consider one, I'd never get a CyberTruck in a million years. It's butt ugly.
- NotMyCircusNotMyMonkeys par for the course teething pains. makes me wonder what it was like 100+ years ago trying it with lead acid at the time. steam cars were also a thing back then :)
- NotMyCircusNotMyMonkeys people vote with their dollars. im not giving any to a jew hating aspie with a pube beard :)
- Astigmatism As someone with the means, the home charger, and an EV already in the household: God, no. If I wanted an electric truck, would get the Rivian over this thing eleven times out of ten. Even leaving Musk's personality aside, the Cyber Truck is the automotive equivalent of $1000 designer sneakers - they just make you look like an insecure jerkwad.
- Marty S This is the same wagon that Queen Elizabeth drove, and was recently auctioned. The wagon (sportbrake) came late to the X-Type and was very good looking and certainly nice with AWD. Unfortunately Jag gave up on the X-type shortly thereafter. The XE, which came years later, was a very different car, and more of a Jaguar, with a supercharged V-6.Jag has now decided to abandon all the ICE vehicles and go totally electric at a much higher price point starting in 2025. They also closed many dealerships. Considering the current sales resistance to EV's now happening (even Mercedes is having trouble selling their EVs), I think this may prove to be a very bad decision by Jaguar and I fear for the brand.