Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- SCE to AUX A rebuilt engine that leaks oil after 4000 miles? Not a very good rebuild.
- Kcflyer Surprised a NY judge sided against the EV agenda.
- Lou_BC Stellantis sales are down even with Ram and Jeep? That's more typical of a constrained economy. Those products tend to be more expensive to purchase and fuel. Mind you, Ford and GM are heavily reliant upon trucks and SUV's but are doing okay. Time to break out the solar powered popcorn maker ;)
- SCE to AUX Due to the terrible economy, I thought Americans were huddled in their leaking shack homes, eating moldy bread and cold tomato soup. /sBut somehow, millions are still spending an average of $48k per vehicle, and $53k for EVs:https://www.coxautoinc.com/market-insights/kbb-atp-july-2023/Average income of a new car buyer range is $44k - $54k, so basically equal to the price of the cars they are buying:https://www.salary.com/research/salary/recruiting/car-buyer-salaryThat last figure boggles my mind. I recall reading here (years ago) that people prioritize their car payments over their house payments.Just as Americans are willing to pay anything for a gallon of gas, I'm convinced they'll also pay anything to get a new car.
- MaintenanceCosts Why? What is appealing enough about this car to put up with the reality of owning a 50-year-old Italian car? I get that different things appeal to different people but I can't see why this particular one would be appealing at all, even to someone else.(Meanwhile, in "reality of owning an old car" news, my '95 Acura Legend has developed a persistent misfire that I suspect is at least one and maybe two failed coils. Amazon just sent me new OEM spark plugs and a set of coils, non-OEM and of questionable quality, because new OEM ones are NLA. Now I have to find a bit of time to go install them.But when I'm finished, I'll again have one of the most appealing sedans Japan ever built, rather than an ugly rust bucket.)