Ford is offering a new turnkey GT4 series racecar, meaning ‘Stang owners can now race on a track instead of just strip mall parking lots.
That, Volvo is moving S90 production east, a Texas woman is suing Honda and Takata for almost fatally spraying her with bits of her own car, and Mopar is letting you refresh old cars with new Hemis with a lot less hassle… after the break!
Toyota isn’t looking to buy just Google’s legged-robot R&D firm Boston Dynamics. The automaker also has its eye on another company under the Alphabet X nee Google X umbrella.
That, Volkswagen wants its own “Gigafactory”, and ACEA releases its 2016-2017 Automobile Industry Pocket Guide for your to nerd out on … after the break.
A Belgian named Guido is looking to save the Commodore and part of the Australian auto manufacturing industry from its ultimate demise.
That, and Pak, not Paki, is probably the more correct term, flying vs. driving, austerity pain for Porsche employees, you should thank a trucker and more … after the break!
This is the new News Round-up where we cover all the things you should know that may or may not deserve a headline on their own (or we may have simply run out of time to cover them). It’s similar to the “While Your Were Sleeping” news coverage, but not the same, hence the name change.
This morning, Jaguar announced they are going racing again, the automaker formerly known as Saab has a business plan and the Tesla Model X has a price spread that would make Porsche blush.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- FreedMike Love the corporate speak here: "thermal incidents."
- RHD Who is Christine?Coincidentally, I rode in an Accord Hybrid (a Uber trip) yesterday. It was very quiet and very nice inside. The rear seat leg room was quite impressive. It's not a car to drive to get attention, as it resembles so many other 4-door sedans, which are still quite numerous on the roads. You could do much worse, and 40+ MPG in such a roomy and comfortable car is simply amazing.
- FreedMike Nice review as always, Chris. Fun fact: back in 2021, the Accord Sport 2.0T was runner up when I bought my current car, and it was a very, very nice piece. Unfortunately, that model's gone, as well as the 2.0T engine. I'd consider a hybrid if they set it up for performance versus hypermiling, but alas, that doesn't seem to be the deal, at least in this end of the market.
- Cprescott This car is so dull that it might as well be the ACME Accord. Honduh cannot build attractive vehicles - they go hideous and then miss the target of beauty and then go all out on dull and boring. I saw one of these in person for the first time and could not believe how nothing about it is memorable other than it isn't memorable. Thankfully it doesn't transmit visual rabies like most Honduhs do, but this car looks like something architects would stick in front of a building they designed.
- SCE to AUX The Honda Accord was outsold 25% by the mighty TESLA Model 3 in 2022. Bend the knee, sedan lovers!