Chip Ganassi Racing officials have confirmed the organization’s split with NASCAR Cup Series driver Kyle Larson (#42). Tuesday’s announcement comes less than two days after Larson was heard uttering a racial slur during an iRacing event held on Easter Sunday. Chip Ganassi Racing previously decided to suspend the driver without pay while it examined the situation. As that probably focused heavily on the public response, its decision to sever the seven-year relationship is hardly surprising.
While technically guilty of the same behavior every random teen with a gaming headset engages in during online play (until you mute them out of frustration), Larson made the rookie mistake of not being fourteen while also having a racing contract and enough NASCAR wins to be considered high profile. If he plans to keep racing within the sport, he’ll be required to attend sensitivity training. NASCAR has also issued an indefinite suspension, citing violations of the organization’s general procedures and member conduct guidelines.
American stock car driver and World of Outlaws Sprint car team owner Kyle Larson was caught uttering a racial slur via a hot mic on Easter Sunday. Larson (#42 in the the NASCAR Cup Series) was participating in an online racing event with other professional drivers, streamed via Twitch and eNASCAR, where he suffered a virtual off. Afterward, it seemed like he was having a difficult time with his headset or internet connection. Larson clearly asks whether or not another driver can hear him before casually tossing in America’s least-favorite racial slur, apparently unaware that he was broadcasting on an open channel.
As you might imagine, the response was swift and savage. By Monday, Chip Ganassi Racing had announced it was suspending Larson without pay while it investigates the situation. NASCAR said it would look into the matter before it decides how to act.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- FreedMike GM looked at all those Cayennes, Macans and Panameras Porsche is moving, and climbed aboard the same train. Probably inevitable.
- SCE to AUX With inflation at 7.7%, that looks like a price drop.
- SCE to AUX "However, it allegedly won’t require you to retake the wheel unless the car decides it cannot navigate the road ahead"So, that means it's still a Level 2 or maybe Level 3 system. In other words, it works until it doesn't. Guess what SAE Level 3 says: "When the feature requests, you must drive."This means no liability for Honda, just the same as for Tesla. Pretty useless to entrust your life to.
- UncleAL wow ! nice Holiday gift from BMW.......
- Aaron Bought one for my son. He loves it. 210k miles. Runs like a top. Does chug gas is really the only negative