I guess I cover the reverse trike beat here at TTAC.
It started with a post about a Chinese death trap three-wheeler I’d seen advertised. In the comments to that post, one of our readers suggested looking into the Elio project. We’ve done that a few times since then, including an exclusive review of one of their prototypes. Because of our coverage of Elio Motors, a group of Elio deposit holders who have become disenchanted by continued production delays asked us to consider their charges. While it’s true that I’m in what may be a minority of automotive writers that don’t think Elio is a scam, I’m not naive. There are ample reasons for skepticism and we take the word truth in our title seriously, so Mark Stevenson and I looked into the critics’ complaints and we both decided they were adding nothing new to issues raised by Elio’s critics before.
However, I do keep tabs on their Facebook group, which is how I found out about Arcimoto, a Eugene, Oregon company that hopes to put their highway capable electric reverse trike in production by the end of next year with a starting price of $11,900.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Peter Just waiting for Dr. Who to show up with his Tardis, and send these things back to the hellish dark dimension from which they came.
- W Conrad I'm not really a truck person, but even I would consider one, I'd never get a CyberTruck in a million years. It's butt ugly.
- NotMyCircusNotMyMonkeys par for the course teething pains. makes me wonder what it was like 100+ years ago trying it with lead acid at the time. steam cars were also a thing back then :)
- NotMyCircusNotMyMonkeys people vote with their dollars. im not giving any to a jew hating aspie with a pube beard :)
- Astigmatism As someone with the means, the home charger, and an EV already in the household: God, no. If I wanted an electric truck, would get the Rivian over this thing eleven times out of ten. Even leaving Musk's personality aside, the Cyber Truck is the automotive equivalent of $1000 designer sneakers - they just make you look like an insecure jerkwad.