Isn’t Rivian the popular thing these days? Courted by Amazon and Ford with investments of $700 million and $500 million, respectively, the Michigan-based EV startup recently gained a cash infusion from Cox Automotive.
Now, that very first investment is bearing fruit — 100,000 pieces of it, promised for a three-year delivery window.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Spookiness I kind of like this. Somebody in my building had a late (77?) Chevy Concours, silver with burgundy cloth interior.
- Jeff S These were good cars. Came close to buying a new 75 Chevy Nova 2 door. My father had a 62 Chevy II 300 for 12 years which my 2 brothers and I drove to high school and then I drove the 1st year of college. My middle brother had a 2 door Limited Skylark X car with the 4 cylinder, fuel injection, and 4 speed manual that went well over 200k miles--it had the most comfortable red velour seats it was light gray with a maroon half vinyl top. He never had to replace the clutch and mostly routine mileage mostly highway.
- MrIcky Toyota keeps hinting at 'the next big' and hasn't really delivered that much new since the prius. Maybe the most conservative company on the face of the planet for good and bad and if it's a 3-5 year time frame to come into existence, who cares. Hopefully the new Taco brings that vehicle up to date and it isn't just a new fascia and a 12 inch touch screen. Yes I've read all the rumors, we'll see. Maybe they'll close the c channel frame and put disc brakes on it?
- Cprescott I owned a 1985 Lincoln Town Car and loved it. It was like driving your living room. On the highway it would get 30mpgs and I routinely managed 20 mpgs through careful driving. Interior materials were not so wonderful, but it was very quiet and rode well and for a barge, it actually handled okay.
- Johnny ringo The Skylark didn't get the v6 with the offset crankshaft journals until 1978, in 1977 my mother was shopping for a new car; we were looking at a Skylark with the v6. I test drove it and at idle it seemed like a paint shaker was under the hood. She finally bought a 2dr Skylark ( an S/R model I believe) with the 305 Chevy engine. I would rate it as average, nice but certainly not exceptional.