Did you ever the the feeling that the Tesla Model S was just an S-Class for EV enthusiasts? Mercedes-Benz sure hopes so, because its CEO, the mustachioed Dieter Zetsche, recently let fly that the brand has a full-sized electric under development called the EQ S. While Mercedes’ core lineup will welcome all manner of hybrid and mild-hybrid powertrains in the years to come, Zetsche says the brand will also start building fully electric vehicles by way of its EQ line.
The EQ nameplate is something we’ve heard a lot about in the past, but its true purpose has yet to be defined by Daimler. Typically, we’ve only seen EQ badging added to concept vehicles promising electrification, with no additional details. But new claims from the CEO suggest the category may be reserved for models that use batteries as their only power source.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- VX1NG I find it funny that this cutting edge electric pick-up truck still has a mast-style antenna. While there’s no disputing their better performance the mast-style antenna does look very out of place for a vehicle built in 2024. I wonder how many new vehicles still have these style antennas?
- The Oracle Volvo & Mack Truck, still Swedish owned by AB Volvo, are demonstrating that European wage and benefits are available in the U.S.
- Lou_BC Lightning Flash? Seriously? I'm shocked. This will generate much static from the usual suspects. Some will get a charge from it. Others a discharge.Resistance is futile? Gotta chant to calm down: Ohmmm Ohmmm Ohmmm
- Lou_BC "Barra accused the UAW of having no real intent of making a deal with the industry" Seriously? I guess it's so obvious. They just want to sit around basking in your hotness ;)
- TheEndlessEnigma Where's the Tassos rant?!