Researchers at the University of Leicester claim that spending several hours behind the wheel every day can adversely affect the human brain — sending the IQ scores of middle-aged Brits into the gutter.
In the experiment, researchers examined the lifestyles of over than 500,000 British residents between 37 and 73 for over five years, giving them routine intelligence and memory assessments. Those who drove more than two to three hours a day typically had lower brainpower at the beginning of the study, which continued to decline at a faster rate than those who did little to no driving.
Allow me to rephrase that for those of you with an exceptionally long daily commute: U.K. smart scientists say driving a whole bunch maybe makes you stupider.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Dukeisduke This would make sense, given a five-year product cycle.
- Fred Dart is a block used for racing. Very expensive, even a small bock Chevy iron is about $2000
- Dukeisduke Is this Ford Recall Number 51?Keep up the great work Farley! 👍️
- Dukeisduke The shape of the instruments in the gauge cluster evoke the instruments seen in the old FJ40.
- Bill Wade Is Ford's recalls increasing? seems like there's been a number of them lately.