Of all the racing venues I visit during my travels as Chief Justice of the 24 Hours of LeMons Supreme Court, the ritzy clubs tend to be the weirdest. We went to the Monticello Motor Club in New York a few weeks back, and twice a year the LeMons Traveling Circus rolls into the Autobahn Country Club in Illinois. The reaction of the members, who must navigate the madness of the LeMons pit scene as they drive their GT3s and Facel-Vegas to the clubhouse, runs the gamut from loathing to delight. Most of the time I ignore these guys— I always feel like we’re caddies in the pool in that setting— but as the owner of an A100 I just had to talk to the owner of this truck that showed up at the 2012 Showroom-Schlock Shootout.
What eye-candy poster was pinned up on your bedroom wall when you were thirteen? A black Lamborghini Countach sprouting numerous spoilers? Farah Fawcett-Majors with blindingly-white teeth? Metallica? KISS? What I gazed lovingly upon– whilst sprawled across my bed– was a giant detailed cross-sectional drawing of a Chrysler hemi engine. Thus was the spell that the mythical engine had on me.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Tassos If this was some Beautiful, REally Luxurious, Flagship GT Coupe, Convertible, or even Sedan, I would objectBut this is nothing but a breadvan on stilts. Who cares? Let Stellaaaa paint it PINK for all I care.
- The Oracle This is a proper juggernaut to hammer down.
- Cprescott $155k for a fancy Tahoe?
- Cprescott Amen for manual transmissions.
- Zerofoo Can we get the Hurricane I6 in a Wrangler that doesn’t cost $60k?