Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- MaintenanceCosts Sample size is limited, but the worst I've sampled recently is the second-generation iDrive system in my 2011 335i. It manages to be both feature-limited and cumbersome to use at the same time. Although I appreciate the ability to program hard buttons to call my wife and son with one touch.Best is Sync3 in my former 2016 Ford. Clear, easy to use, full-featured, and very responsive.
- Inside Looking Out Germans behave as if the Ford Touch never existed. Ford solved this problem long time ago. And you need faster processor, you cannot do it OTA.
- El scotto The word-of-mouth price: 10 100-dollar bills and a used meth lab. Oh, and show me how to use the lab.
- Dave Holzman My '08 Civic with 5 on the floor, and Michelin Pilot Ultra Sports, or whatever they're called, which noticeably add to the already good handling. But what makes this car the right car for the trip is the back roads between suburban Boston and Niskayuna NY--outside of Albany. Rt. 2, from the Connecticut River to Troy, NY (just short of Niskayuna) goes from being a gently winding two lane road to climbing the Berkshires, where the Civic excels with its tight handling, and relatively high power to weight ratio as it tips the scale at slightly more than 2,600 lbs. (For reasons I haven't yet figured out, the climb is even more fun going west to east.) Going east to west, once down from the Berkshires 2 does a lot of gentle winding on the way to Troy. There are other, more interesting backroads to get from Williamstown to Albany... and there are a lot of fun backroads between the Connecticut River and Rt. 7.
- Kukala J. Machus Just give me a cd player!