The unlikely alliance between BMW and Daimler, solidified earlier this year, is in the opening stages of producing something tangible. The duo are already said to be working on a joint platform for electric vehicles, which the German business publication Manager Magazin claims will underpin a new EV from BMW.
Called the i2, the battery-powered subcompact is to be slotted beneath BMW’s existing i3. While rumored to be similar in size, the i2 will abandon the i3’s carbon fiber body in an attempt to minimize costs and broaden appeal. Daimler would follow by producing its own version, likely using Mercedes-Benz’s EQ sub-brand.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Lachlan Anyone remember what happened the last time a senator named Hawley pushed a big tariff?
- Craiger I love the people who call Musk an imbecile. As if they could even get an interview for a job at one of his companies.
- Lou_BC I'm waiting for Tesla to make a pickup!
- Lou_BC Autograph? Turn Up the Radio?
- Oberkanone Were these available with diesel?At $3700 this Volvo presents nicer than other vehicles I see at this asking price.