TTAC Commentator Sjalabais writes:
I am and have always been a car guy. Since I am an academic with two left hands and sausage fingers, my flavour have been indestructible 70s Volvos, of which I have owned a couple.
Now I am a father and a bit cash-strapped, with the need for an occasional 7 seater. A Volvo V70 with rear facing extra seats has been voted down in the household assembly, I am thus looking for a blob-shaped car. My location is Norway, but my issue is recognisable for any car guy in this situation, I fear.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Kosmo "Revenue is estimated to yield roughly $1 billion annually for the city".That's really all you need to know. As to the comment that the B&B live and work in Manhattan, that hardly applies in today's connected world.
- EBFlex I love the “logic” of some of the defenders of this and NYC as a whole. [list=1][*] NYC is a garbage city, in a garbage state, run by garbage people.[/*][*]They say “only Rich people have cars in NYC” ok so they will continue to drive and pay the tax. So what’s the point? [/*][*]The fact people can’t see this is a desperate attempt to fill the coffers of NYC because they are flat broke (due to being run by incompetent liberals) is astounding. [/*][/list=1]
- Dukeisduke Lifted F-150s, complete with "LOCALLY HATED" stickers?
- Wolfwagen I lived in Long Island and worked in Manhattan for several years. I had to drive as my job required me to also go to NJ, Westchester/Rockland Counties and Long Island, sometimes at a moment's notice. This applied to almost the entire office staff and our technicians. Congestion pricing is a tax if have to commute into the city. This is just going to raise costs on everything. The city is already starting to lose people including those that used to commute in including by train. Covid showed that you didn't need a floor (or several) to run your business. As NYC and NYS continue to raise taxes more people and businesses will flee. Hell even the NYSE was considering leaving.
- Redapple2 No interest in HK products. Lexus/Toyota/Subaru/Honda are superior across most metrics. And have better resale.