Enthusiasts and auto journalists are a predictable lot. Show us a high-performance wagon, preferably in brown, and we drift off into a warm haze of sideways-skidding family-hauling daydreams. Europeans have long gotten the cream of the crop when it comes to hot wagons, but Americans have gotten a few over the years, including the current Audi RS6 Avant. A couple of days ago, Motortrend got everyone’s hopes up with a report that Audi would bring the smaller RS4 Avant to America, but the automaker wasted very little time in shutting the rumor down – hard.
Being the bearer of bad news isn’t always fun, but sometimes its necessary. Despite sending Audi fanboys into a frenzy with photographs of a real, live RS4 Avant, the likelihood of this car being imported is next to zero. Hit the jump for more pontificating from your favorite enfant terrible know-it-all wagon hater.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Buickman Stop the Invasion. Boycott Envision.I am the top Buick salesman in history, bar none.have never sold this Commie Car and will not until they are built stateside.BuickmanFounderGeneralWatch.com
- SCE to AUX Nice car for a nice price. I'd replace the headlights.
- Fred Of course they will retaliate. Expect things to worse before they get better.
- GBJT I think there are still non-turbo cars.
- Slavuta US has created a game called "Free trade" and bashed any country that in US's view somehow interfered with that. Now that countries learned how to beat US at its own game, US does what? - right. smashes the board,