Listen, we’re not going to pretend that Ford’s F-Series is bulletproof. There have been enough recalls of the twelfth-generation’s transmission for us to immediately be accused of being the biggest and fattest of lairs were we to make that claim. However, as America’s best-selling model and an exceptionally popular fleet vehicle, it’s in the company’s best interest to make sure the F-150 is not a turd.
Ford took a risk when it went with an aluminum body for the current-gen model, inviting claims from rival manufacturers that it was no longer a serious contender in the pickup market, as real trucks have steel beds. While Chevrolet’s advertorial “ testing procedures” often fell outside the boundaries of what a rational truck owner would do, Ford’s rival was attempting to creating a narrative where saying something was “built Ford tough” could be a considered an insult.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Kwik_Shift Not with a 1.3 4 cyl turbo thats in the Fiat 500X?
- Tassos If this was some Beautiful, REally Luxurious, Flagship GT Coupe, Convertible, or even Sedan, I would objectBut this is nothing but a breadvan on stilts. Who cares? Let Stellaaaa paint it PINK for all I care.
- The Oracle This is a proper juggernaut to hammer down.
- Cprescott $155k for a fancy Tahoe?
- Cprescott Amen for manual transmissions.