The pickup market certainly is cutthroat. Fortunately, that fierce competition seems to work out rather well for the consumer. Less than a year after introducing the current-generation Chevrolet Silverado, General Motors is already making adjustments in a bid to boost its appeal with a broader array of customers — a necessary gambit, considering Ford’s F-150 is still the pickup sales king and Ram’s well-praised 1500 has displaced the Silverado as the runner-up.
For 2020, Chevy’s Silverado gets much of the new tech that was previously introduced for HD models, plus wider availability of the desirable 6.2-liter V8. As a result, the Silverado will offer customers the most towing capability of any light-duty pickup, at 13,400 pounds.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Tassos BTW I thought this silly thing was always called the "Wienermobile".
- Tassos I have a first cousin with same first and last name as my own, 17 years my junior even tho he is the son of my father's older brother, who has a summer home in the same country I do, and has bought a local A3 5-door hatch kinds thing, quite old by now.Last year he told me the thing broke down and he had to do major major repairs, replace the whole engine and other stuff, and had to rent a car for two weeks in a touristy location, and amazingly he paid more for the rental ( Euro1,500, or $1,650-$1,700) than for all the repairs, which of course were not done at the dealer (I doubt there was a dealer there anyway)
- Tassos VW's EV program losses have already been horrific, and with (guess, Caveman!) the Berlin-Brandenburg Gigafactory growing by leaps and bounds, the future was already quite grim for VW and the VW Group.THis shutdown will not be so temporary.The German Government may have to reach in its deep pockets, no matter how much it hates to spend $, and bail it out."too big to fail"?
- Billccm I had a 1980 TC3 Horizon and that car was as reliable as the sun. Underappreciated for sure.
- Inside Looking Out I did not notice, did they mention climate change? How they are going to fight climate change, racism and gender discrimination. I mean collective Big 3.