I review fairly few new cars, but when I head to the American Irony 24 Hours of LeMons race at the Autobahn Country Club in Joliet, Illinois, I feel like I need to take on a country club sort of approach. That means I need the appropriate press car for an official at the race that feels like Caddy Day at the Bushwood Country Club pool. In 2011, I tried to get Chrysler to get me an Avenger R/T, because who wouldn’t want the fallback rental-car Dodge with 283 front-drive horsepower? Instead, I got the Challenger SRT8 392, which was fun but certainly no Avenger R/T. For the 2012 American Irony race, I decided that what I needed was the nice version of Mitsubishi’s contribution to the current rental-car gene pool: the Galant SE. What I got, thanks to Mitsubishi axing the Galant (though not cold blasting it) and generally acknowledging that the Evo is the only big Mitsubishi blip left on Americans’ car-awareness radar, was this white ’13 Evolution MR. Hey, that’s what I’ve got, that’s what I’ll review.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Dukeisduke Where the hell did he get the money for all those? Likes on YouTube?
- Dukeisduke "U.S. Marshalls"It's Marshals - they're not riding in the Rose Parade.
- Art_Vandelay "...pirating cable television"Was he broadcasting from 1980? Hopefully he doesn't interrupt President Carter's speech.
- Whooba The 96' Impala SS for sale only has 12 miles on the odometer. Holy crap
- Analoggrotto Not a single Telluride, give me a break.