Public Enemy’s 1987 ode to the Olds 98, “You’re Gonna Get Yours,” has long been one of my all-time favorite car anthems, and I’ve always pictured Chuck D’s 98 as a mint-green example of the late-70s iteration of Oldsmobile’s top-of-the-line big car. Then I’m at the junkyard and… here’s Chuck’s car!
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- 6-speed Pomodoro I'm not opposed to an EV, but I have no idea what one would have to have or look like to compel me to buy one. The three things I look for in a car are seat comfort, sound, and a stick shift. I generally think I'm waiting for at least the generation after the next generation for engineers to figure out what makes EVs worth driving. That puts us around 2030, so why worry about it? But who knows. Maybe Honda will ace the compact sports EV with an s600amp and pull me in.
- THX1136 Agree with SCE, the cost alone puts me out of the equation. Would I like an EV Charger, sure but see previous sentence.
- IBx1 The only thing that stops a bad guy with a [Milwaukee Sawzall for stealing catalytic converters] is a good guy with a [Hydrochloric Acid 37%].
- SCE to AUX Well, this is one reason to go electric.
- THX1136 According to carbrain.com the cost for catalytic converter 'repair' is between $945 and $2475. They claim the converter cost itself can be up to $2250. Figuring $880 a unit doesn't seem too far out of line if the carbrain info is accurate. Wonder if gas theft is still going strong on the west coast also?