Used Car of the Day: 1991 BMW M5
Today's used car of the day is one of just 508 ever built. Yet it's priced by the seller at a reasonable $45,000.
Some of this is undoubtedly due to its age. Still, this Alpine White/Nappa Grey leather is a hand-built, early production car with a build date of 06/90. Maybe it's a bit of a bargain at this price.
The seller claims a clean CarFax, no accidents, and no rust. He or she also notes that most key features, including the engine and transmission, are original.
Even the radio and CD player are factory, according to the seller.
For forty-five grand you can get into a clean example of a rare BMW. Sounds like a deal to us.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Tim Healey grew up around the auto-parts business and has always had a love for cars — his parents joke his first word was “‘Vette”. Despite this, he wanted to pursue a career in sports writing but he ended up falling semi-accidentally into the automotive-journalism industry, first at Consumer Guide Automotive and later at Web2Carz.com. He also worked as an industry analyst at Mintel Group and freelanced for About.com, CarFax, Vehix.com, High Gear Media, Torque News, FutureCar.com, Cars.com, among others, and of course Vertical Scope sites such as AutoGuide.com, Off-Road.com, and HybridCars.com. He’s an urbanite and as such, doesn’t need a daily driver, but if he had one, it would be compact, sporty, and have a manual transmission.
More by Tim Healey
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Oberkanone Shaker motor on an EV. No thanks.
- Oberkanone Crew Cab 6'4" box, 4x4, BighornInterested in midsize truck from Ram. Our fleet includes fullsize truck as well as Maverick compact and something midsize could replace both. Ram is 1st choice of the current full size offerings, with Ford in 2nd place.
- EBFlex Nice truck, but it needs a proper engine.
- SCE to AUX Somehow, I missed your pick for the "right spec".
- Carrera Will miss them when it's over.