Used Car of the Day: 1988 Honda CRX DX
January 11th, 2023 2:42 PM Share
Yes, it's true -- there are still Honda CRXs out there.
This one has been garaged for a good chunk of its life, the seller says, and it's on its third owner. It is, also, apparently, stock. And the seller is asking just $8,000. Apparently, the only modification is a modern Kenwood audio system.
The seller says that the tires, brakes, radiator, fuel pump, and fuel tank have been replaced recently.
Only $8K for an in-shape CRX sounds like a good deal.
Become a TTAC insider. Get the latest news, features, TTAC takes, and everything else that gets to the truth about cars first by subscribing to our newsletter.
Published January 11th, 2023 2:42 PM
Join the conversation
2 of 22 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- ToolGuy Seems pretty reasonable to me. (Sorry)
- Luke42 When I moved from Virginia to Illinois, the lack of vehicle safety inspections was a big deal to me. I thought it would be a big change.However, nobody drives around in an unsafe car when they have the money to get their car fixed and driving safely.Also, Virginia's inspection regimine only meant that a car was safe to drive one day a year.Having lived with and without automotive safety inspections, my confusion is that they don't really matter that much.What does matter is preventing poverty in your state, and Illinois' generally pro-union political climate does more for automotive safety (by ensuring fair wages for tradespeople) than ticketing poor people for not having enough money to maintain their cars.
- ToolGuy When you are pulled over for speeding, whether you are given a ticket or not should depend on how attractive you are.Source: My sister 😉
- Kcflyer What Toyota needs is a true full size body on frame suv to compete with the Expedition and Suburban and their badge engineered brethren. The new sequoia and LX are too compromised in capacity by their off road capabilities that most buyers will never use.
- ToolGuy Rock crushes scissors, scissors cut paper, paper covers rock, and drywall dents sheet metal.
Since you're asking for car truths, here's my CRX truth: I once had some very athletic sex in one. Was young and flexible at the time.
How on Earth is $8000 for a CRX DX a “good deal”!? Sorry, its a lot of $. Maybe to a trust fund baby or someone with mountains of disposable income? Its a CRX. These were $2000 (tops) all day in 2006. $8000????