Barrett-Jackson, Goodguys Announce AZ Events, Lone Star Roundup Changes TX Date
Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auctions, Goodguys Rod & Custom Association, and the City of Scottsdale announced revised dates for two events at WestWorld of Scottsdale this year. Barrett-Jackson’s Scottsdale Auction will be held March 20-27, while Goodguys Spring Nationals is scheduled for April 16-18.
“We appreciate the efforts made by the City of Scottsdale to help us return to an auction that will look and feel much like our annual January event,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “We’re also grateful to Goodguys for moving their March Spring Nationals at WestWorld to April. Together, we found a solution that works for everyone.”
While continuing efforts to protect the health and safety of customers, sponsors, and fans, a redesigned site layout provides room for physical distancing, and safety precautions recommended by local and state health authorities will also be adhered to. The Barrett-Jackson event will include preview days at the beginning of the week to allow enthusiasts time to view the vehicles safely and in a comfortable, physically distanced environment.
“We are pleased that we could come to a mutually beneficial agreement with everyone involved,” said Goodguys COO Andrew Ebel. “The City of Scottsdale, Barrett-Jackson and enthusiasts all win with this new schedule. We look forward to putting on a fun and safe event in April.”
Separately, the Lone Star Roundup in Austin, Texas has been rescheduled, and will now be held Labor Day weekend, September 3rd and 4th. Featuring live music, a swap meet, vendors, and traditional hot rods and customs from across the country, the Round Up takes place at the Travis County Expo Center on Friday and Saturday. BBQs, open house parties, and cruise nights all across Austin are a part of what the Round Up is known for.
[Images: © 2021 J. Sakurai/TTAC]
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Analoggrotto A human who choses Tesla is telling the world that they are more intelligent than 98.5% of the remaining population. The Homo sapiens genome is evolving to the next species and it is starting with TESLA customers. We are the future, we are the galaxy, we will succeed all of humanity.
- Alan The Prado shouldn't have the Landcruiser name attached. It isn't a Landcruiser as much as a Tacoma or 4 Runner or a FJ Cruiser. Toyota have used the Landcruiser name as a marketing exercise for years. In Australia the RAV4 even had Landcruiser attached years ago! The Toyota Landcruiser is the Landcruiser, not a tarted up Tacoma wagon.Here a GX Prado cost about $61k before on roads, this is about $41k USD. This is a 2.8 diesel 4x4 with all the off road tricky stuff, plus AC, power windows, etc. I'm wondering if Toyota will perform the Nissan Armada treatment on it and debase the Prado. The Patrol here is actually as capable and possibly more capable than the Landcruiser off road (according to some reviews). The Armada was 'muricanised and the off road ability was reduced a lot. Who ever heard of a 2 wheel drive Patrol.Does the US need the Prado? Why not. Another option to choose from built by Toyota that is overpriced and uses old tech.My sister had a Prado Grande, I didn't think much of it. It was narrow inside and not that comfortable. Her Grand Cherokee was more comfortable and now her Toureg is even more comfortable, but you can still feel the road in the seat of your pants and ears.
- Jeffrey No tis vehicle doen't need to come to America. The market if flooded in this segment what we need are fun affordable vehicles.
- Nrd515 I don't really see the point of annual inspections, especially when the car is under 3 years (warranty) old. Inspections should be safety related, ONLY, none of the nonsensical CA ARB rules that end up being something like, "Your air intake doesn't have an ARB sticker on it, so you have to remove it and buy one just like it that does have the ARB sticker on it!". If the car or whatever isn't puking smoke out of it, and it doesn't make your eyes water, like an old Chevy Bel-Air I was behind on Wed did, it's fine. I was stuck in traffic behind that old car, and wow, the gasoline smell was super potent. It was in nice shape, but man, it was choking me. I was amused by the 80 something old guy driving it, he even had a hat with a feather in it, THE sign of someone you don't want to be driving anywhere near you.
- Lou_BC "15mpg EPA" The 2023 ZR2 Colorado is supposed to be 16 mpg
What's the point? Under the Biden regime's Build Back Better Great Reset, you will own nothing, AND YOU WILL LOVE IT, or else it's off to the organ harvest camps. :-/
What could this thread be other than a bunch of butthurt voters upset that their guy didn't win? I get it - it will be an apocalypse for the things you love and (apparently) your entire way of life at the hands of your sworn enemy, who may or may not actually just be your next door neighbor.