Piston Slap: Sponsor My Ride?
Charge me…pull my finger? (photo courtesy: OP)
TTAC Commentator John R writes:
Hope this finds you well. I wanted to get your opinion on car sponsorships…if they still exist. I see a bunch of websites all over claiming to get a person’s car repaired or modded up on someone else’s dime. I look at these sites and they scream SCAM to me.
Maybe it’s because they look like throw backs to GeoCities…
Anyway, if guys are still able to do this, how?
If I can get ol’ Wolverine here kitted the way I want it with little or no cost…
Somewhere in Hellaware
Do these sponsorship websites have MIDI music, too? That’s when I know there’s a quality company ready to sponsor my ride!
The old adage about free lunches is true: legit sponsorship requires mad Public Relations skillz, and a good idea behind it. Like the initiatives behind Wounded Warrior’s High Five Project and their wrapped Ford products. Your opinions about W.W. as an organization aside, their raison d’être certainly makes a convincing sponsorship statement.
Good luck with that!
Send your queries to email@example.com. Spare no details and ask for a speedy resolution if you’re in a hurry…but be realistic, and use your make/model specific forums instead of TTAC for more timely advice.
Silverbird on Feb 09, 2015
The only other option if you are trying to mod your car is to offer it as a test bed, however the options are limited and you are without your car for a few days/weeks during testing. I would think that this would primarily work on brand new generation of cars - not sure if there is much mod development happening on any prior gen Chargers.
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Wjtinfwb How does the ICE mid-engine C8 platform work for... anything else? A sedan? SUV? With a mid engine configuration? A mid-engine SUV will have to be Suburban sized to offer the utility of a CRV. GM should dust off the Omega platform designed for the Cadillac CT6 for an SUV/Sedan offering with exceptional handling, Rear or AWD capability and acceptable space utilization. They also need to focus on interior fit & finish, trim choices and high quality final engineering and assembly. What GM doesn't need is another half-baked product with a storied and prestigious badge on the decklid and a premium price on the Monroney. No more Cimarron's, Allante's or X-cars needed to tarnish the reputation of Corvette.
- InCogKneeToe BUILD It and they will come.By Build It, I mean a Vehicle that the Customer Wants and it works for them. It could be called Chevette for all that that matters. The Mach E's success isn't because it totes the Mustang on it.Just build what people want, the next Caravan/Taurus/Beetle/Maverick (truck).
- YellowDuck Wait...how do you make a mid-engine crossover? Or even a 4-door coupe? Me not get.
- 28-Cars-Later Thanks Corey. The head stud job on NOrthSTAR-T was $3K *years ago* as it involves an engine pull so rear wheel arch rust in and of itself isn't a show stopper. I'll be sure to check out the trunk as it may start to add up on deferred maintenance. Supposedly this was garaged so the underneath the rockers etc. should be decent but if those are shot its not gonna work.
- Mark 2016 Hyundai Sonata Hybrid, G4NG engine with connecting rod bearing issues. Engine needs to be replaced, but Hyundai is denying warranty claim. I have all maintenance records from mile zero. It has been in Hyundai Service department 5 time in 4 months. They added the knock sensor and software update to let you know the engine is about to blow up. They kicked the can down the road doing patch work until the car was past the 120k extended extended warranty. I have that documentation too. So how can I join the class action law suit or find a Lawyer that handles these types of issues?