Tailgate Mural Fails To Spare This Expedition From Crusher's Jaws
May 16th, 2013 12:24 AM Share
You see a fair amount of customization among the inmates of a high-turnover, self-service wrecking yard; sometimes it’s a full-on time-capsule RX-7 and sometimes it’s the kind of thing Manny, Moe, and Jack would build after a week-long ether-and-DMT binge. Here’s a fairly well-executed, if puzzling, airbrush mural I spotted at a Denver yard a few months back.
Even with the swastika vandalization— which may have hastened the depreciation of this truck’s value and helped lead to its junkyardization— you can make out some weird details on the subject’s face. There’s a certain air of Juggaloism in the semi-clownlike makeup, but what does the “Under Oath” caption mean?
If only junkyard vehicles could talk!
#Art #Custom #Denver #DownOnTheJunkyard #Expedition #Ford #FordExpedition #Junkyard #JunkyardFind
Published May 16th, 2013 9:00 AM
Join the conversation
2 of 17 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Jeff S If AM went away I would listen to FM but since it is insignificant in the cost to the car and in an emergency broadcast it is good to have. I agree with some of the others its another way to collect money with a subscription. AM is most likely to go away in the future but I will use AM as long as its around.
- BEPLA I think it's cool the way it is.If I had the money, time and space - I'd buy it, clean it up, and just do enough to get it running properly.Then take it to Cars and Coffee and park it next to all the newer Mustangs.
- Dave M. I suppose Jethro’s farm report comes via AM, but there’s a ton of alternative ways to get that info. Move forward people. Progress is never easy.
- BEPLA For anything but the base model, I'd rather have a pre-owned Polestar 2.
- BEPLA "Quality is Job........well, it's someone's job, but it's not our job.Neither is building vehicles that people actually want or need.We only build what's most profitable. If only someone would buy our 97 day supply of SuperDutys."
Car murals aren't really my scene, but whoever did this one put a lot of time, effort and talent into that. Kinda surprised the 'gate was still there. Garage art, anyone?
Underoath were a Christian Metalcore band. Although I'm not sure if that's what the presumably Mexico-affiliated owner of this vehicle had in mind when he put that on...