Junkyard Find: 1965 Plymouth Belvedere
August 4th, 2012 1:23 AM Share
Chrysler got a lot of mileage out of their midsize B platform, which was used for just about the entirety of the 1960s and 1970s. The Charger was a B, the Cordoba was a B, and so was this well-used Belvedere that now awaits The Crusher in Denver.
The good old 318-cubic-inch A engine was much heavier than the later LA version, but had the same reputation for reliability.
Even the kind of Ayatollahs-of-rock-n-rollah that like to bomb around cities in big 60s Detroit sedans know that they can always get another one for cheap once the current hooptie breaks something that costs more than a couple hundred bucks.
That’s probably what happened to this one, judging from the telltale cryptic stickers in the back window.
#1960s #1965 #1965PlymouthBelvedere #Belvedere #ChryslerBBody #DownOnTheJunkyard #Junkyard #JunkyardFind #Plymouth #PlymouthBelvedere
Published August 4th, 2012 9:00 AM
Join the conversation
2 of 26 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Parkave231 Collector's Edition hood ornament or GTFO.
- Dave M. Once again Mustang remains solely on the throne. But obviously the day of the ponycar has long passed....
- Art Vandelay The car so nice they killed it…twice
- Ryan The hybrid EX model lists at about CAD$39,000 in Canada, including delivery charges. No Premium package is available for it here.
- Golden2husky A great driver's car let down by down right dangerous visibility - in any version. Had the Camaro had a qulity interior and acceptable visibility we'd have one in our driveway as my wife loves the way they look and drive.
Bow down to your Mopar Masters ye incorrigible miscreants and sundry heathens. Note the pic of the starter upon the ground next to the tire. That is a MAN-sized starter and built to last pert-near forever, y'all. Carry on.
And that air cleaner.Hardly used at all.I guess Mr Belvedere had to be sacrificed in order to pay for a new run of bumper stickers when the two members of the death metal band merged with that keyboardist from a local declining queercore outfit because one of them knows someone who is a friend of a cousin of Skrillex,and he heard their tape and liked it and...