And the Real Winner Is…
June 27th, 2011 1:40 AM Share
The Killer Bees MGB has participated in just about every West Coast 24 Hours of LeMons race for the last couple of years. The Bees have done quite well, generally finishing in the top half of the standings, but somehow another entry managed to take home LeMons racing’s top prize in each of those races; even a British Leyland product has a tough time when submerged in a field of 150+ entries. This time, however, the yellow MGB finished well into the top 10 of the standings and claimed the IOE in a no-doubt decision.
Here’s what the Bees’ car survived in one of its early outings; a new cage and a lot of really crude bodywork fixed the car right up. Now the much-battered MG owns the big prize. Congratulations, Killer Bees!
#24HoursOfLeMons #24HoursOfLeMonsOregon #BritishLeyland #IndexOfEffluency #MG #MGB #PacificNorthworst #Racing
Published June 27th, 2011 1:40 AM
Join the conversation
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Golden2husky 78 Concept is pretty awesome to me -
- Redapple2 Make mine a 110 Defender- diesel.
- Redapple2 What is the weight of the tractor? What is the range at full load? What is the recharge time? Not a serious product if they are HIDING the answers.
- Lou_BC "Owners of affected Wrangles" Does a missing "r" cancel an extra stud?
- Slavuta One can put a secret breaker that will disable the starter or spark plug supply. Even disabling headlights or all lights will bring more trouble to thieves than they wish for. With no brake lights, someone will hit from behind, they will leave fingerprints inside. Or if they steal at night, they will have to drive with no lights. Any of these things definitely will bring attention.I remember people removing rotor from under distributor cup.
Well done, ZomBee!
It seems to me the IoE competition has really heated up. Did the organizers make some conscious decision to start awarding it to less bad cars that do better, rather than horrible cars that manage just to finish the weekend under their own power?