1967 Volkswagen Squareback
November 25th, 2010 1:30 AM Share
What kind of world is this, where nearly rust-free Squarebacks— and that’s not a combination of words you hear often— survive for more than 40 years and then get eaten by the same crusher that consumes ’91 Hyundai Excels?
The original owner of this Volks paid his or her Village of Winfield vehicle tax, and the sticker survived all these years. A little research suggests that Winfield is in Illinois, although there is a little town named Winfield 50 miles or so to the east of this Denver junkyard.
The engine and many engine accessories are still waiting for extraction. Let’s hope that someone rescues these parts before The Crusher calls for this car.
#1960s #1967 #1967VolkswagenType3 #Denver #Junkyard #JunkyardFind #Volkswagen #VolkswagenSquareback #VolkswagenType3
Published November 25th, 2010 1:00 PM
Join the conversation
2 of 25 comments
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- Jdt65724922 How can a Chrysler E-Class ride better than a Chrysler Fifth Avenue?
- Lorenzo This series is epic, but I now fear you'll never get to the gigantic Falcon/Dart/Nova comparison.
- Chris P Bacon Ford and GM have decided that if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. Odds are Chrysler/Cerberus/FCA/Stellantis is next to join in. If any of the companies like Electrify America had been even close to Tesla in reliability, we wouldn't be here.
- Inside Looking Out China will decide which EV charging protocol will become world wide standard.
- Chris P Bacon I see no reference to Sweden or South Carolina. I hate to assume, but is this thing built in China? I can't help but wonder if EVs would be more affordable to the masses if they weren't all stuffed full of horsepower most drivers will never use. How much could the price be reduced if it had, say, 200hp. Combined with the instant torque of an EV, that really is plenty of power for the daily commuter, which is what this vehicle really is.
Where is this car? I want to save it... or at least parts of it. FYI Master Cylinder isn't too bad to replace (replaced mine 2 weeks back). The heater does suck.. Never wish a crushing on a beautiful VW Squareback!
let's hope for an early christmas miracle in that someone saw it here, rescued it or told another body and it's headed for a rebirth...