Today I Found… Eclectic Bubbleland
In my Caprice Classic Capsule Review I mentioned the fact that I sold my “bubble” to a fellow who was collecting them slowly for some unspecified future use. Today, while rolling down Dublin Road south of Fisher in the industrial section of Columbus, Ohio, I saw, in the corner of my vision… bubbles.
With my crummy Droid camera and the rather impressive array of fencing and wild vegetation separating me from the actual lot in which the cars were stored, I had trouble getting good photos… but I estimate there are at least forty of these iconic wagons stored at the facility. The majority seem to be Roadmasters, but there are a few Caprices and even a couple of the “Oldsmobubble” Custom Cruisers which are my personal stylistic favorites.
Perhaps I’ll be able to track down the owner and see if I can’t get the TTAC readers a more comprehensive look at the inventory. Most of them look undriven; they are sinking into mudholes and there is grass around the tires. And yes, I do believe that I saw my purple-ish woody Caprice Classic wagon in the back corner of the lot..
Latest Car ReviewsRead more
Latest Product ReviewsRead more
- ToolGuy VW (marque not group) and Tesla very nearly switched positions on a YTD basis.
- RHD Inexpensive gasoline appears to be a thing of the past. ILO is correct - we have enough sunlight, wind and emerging ocean wave energy to power the entire country and then some. Clean air is nice, and being free of the whims of OPEC, geopolitics and hugely profitable oil companies will do all of us a world of good.
- Raymond Segura Can you tell me where I can get the rear bumper for 69 impala?
- Art Vandelay some of the crazy numbers I get. Percentages look bigger with any fluctuations with low volume makes and brands leaving the market will see massive month over month changes. But what’s with Buick? I still see the occasional ad on TV and yet the drop is disproportionate even compared to all the other GM brands.
- Master Baiter "There is no mandate for consumers to buy EVs, not in any country or state. That’s made up."Right. And you are not mandated to purchase a toilet that only uses 1.6 gallons/flush. You could choose to not have a toilet--just go in the woods, like the bears do.